Be Caring Leeds has an exciting opportunity for 4 Full Time experienced care workers to join our busy community home care services within the South Leeds area
The purpose of this role is to provide person-centred support to promote the wellbeing and independence of the people who we support to enjoy a fulfilling life in their own home. We strive to connect those people who we support back into their local communities.
We may also help them to avoid admission to hospital, prevent long-term residential care, or assist with re-enabling following return from hospital.
If you're studying Health, Social Care or Nursing this could be a great opportunity to build on your experience and knowledge. Perhaps you're looking to progress your career in the sector? We can offer supported learning, accredited qualifications and you'll also be part of a growing employee-owned social enterprise.
Be Caring is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes interest from people of all ages and backgrounds to join our Home Care Support Teams.
• Shifts: 7am-3pm and 3pm-10pm (block hours contract)
• Mileage payments of 30p per mile
• Paid for Training
• Free Be Caring uniform and jacket
• Mobile telephone provided for work use
Full enhanced DBS check will be carried out by Be Caring Limited any offer of employment is subject to the information gathered at this time
Previous experience working within the adult social sector is essential to be considered for this role.
Proven track record of providing high-quality care with a desire to improve the lives of those who we support.
As a Wellbeing Community Care Support Worker, you will work as part of an integral team providing the people who we support with person-centred care enabling them to enjoy a fulfilling live in their own home and local community.
This role includes carrying out initial assessments and implementing care plans, ensuring that we are tailoring the support that we provide to meet the individual’s mental health and wellbeing needs.
Be Caring Limited are committed to the personal career development of all employees and as such you will be given every opportunity to pursue your career within the social care sector.
If you are successful in appointment of this position you will have the opportunity to complete:
• Paid for 5 days of induction training
• Completion of the Care Certificate across a 12-week period working with our dedicated trainer
• Excellent career pathways, progression within the organisation actively encouraged
• Fully funded opportunities to enrol on the level 2 Health and Social Care qualification once you have completed your six-month probation
• Union representation from GMB who we work in partnership with to give our staff support and guidance
• Refer a friend scheme, cash incentives when your referred person has joined the organisation