Be Caring Tyneside have an exciting opportunity for caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing Home Care department.
The purpose of this role is to provide support which promotes our customers independence and well-being through a person-centered approach to care.
This a fantastic opportunity to be part of an organisation that delivered exceptional, value based community home care to our customers helping shape the future of adult social care.
Set fortnightly shift pattern working:
Working four days one week (Monday, Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday).
Working three days the following week (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday).
Alternate weekend working.
30p mileage allowance.
Free Uniform and Mobile Phone provided to all employees.
Full enhanced DBS check will be carried out by Be Caring Limited any offer of employment is subject to the information gathered at this time.
No formal experience is required to be considered for this role. Be Caring Limited believe in giving individuals the opportunities to pursue a career within the social care sector.
We simply ask that you are a genuinely caring and compassionate person who will give 100% commitment to providing our customers with the best possible care, enabling them to live happy and fulfilled lives within their local community.
Working as a Well-being Home Care Support Worker you will be representing Be Caring Limited and as such you will uphold our organisation's values. You should have the provision of person-centered meaningful support at the heart of the work you will undertake.
Your role will include:
• Identification of social isolation and low level mental health needs.
• Supporting individuals to meet personal care and well-being outcomes.
• Provision of personal care and well-being support to maximize independence and well-being.
• Supporting people to access community activities.
• Involving families and wider support networks and maintaining relationships with those involved.
• Less task and time focused – supporting individuals to manage a ‘budget’ of time.
• Self-managing with ability to take initiative and communicate effectively with our Well-being and Care Coordinator.
• Training and learning opportunities to develop care planning and assessment skills.
Be Caring Limited are committed to the personal career development of all employees and as such you will be given every opportunity to pursue your career within the social care sector.
If you are successfully employed within the Be Caring family you will benefit from the following:
Paid for 5 days of induction training.
Completion of the Care Certificate across a 12 week period working with our dedicated trainer.
Excellent career pathways, progression within the organisation actively encouraged.
Fully funded opportunities to enroll on the level 2 Health and Social Care qualification once you have completed your six month probation.
Union representation from GMB who we work in partnership with to give our staff support and guidance.
Refer a friend scheme, cash incentives when your referred person has joined the organisation.