Be Caring Leeds has an exciting opportunity for 2 Community Care Team Leaders to join our busy home care services within the South Leeds area.
The purpose of this role is to support our team of Community Care Support Workers to enable the provision of high-quality care to the people we support within our local communities.
We may also help them to avoid admission to hospital, prevent long-term residential care, or assist with re-enabling following return from hospital.
Working for Be Caring will see you join an award-winning organisation that has been recognised with the highly commended award for culture through the UK Employee Ownership Association.
Be Caring is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes interest from people of all ages and backgrounds to join our Home Care Support Teams.
• Rotated shift pattern, hours spilt between office working and working in the community supporting your team of staff
• Mileage payments of 30p per mile
• On-Call duties, generous payments paid on top of your basis salary
• Paid for Training
• Free Be Caring uniform and jacket
• Mobile telephone provided for work use
Full enhanced DBS check will be carried out by Be Caring Limited any offer of employment is subject to the information gathered at this time
Previous experience in dealing with people, essential to have proven track record of interpersonal and organisational skills, previous team leader experience is desirable but not essential.
As a Community Care Support Worker Team Leader, you will work as part of an integral team supporting our care staff to ensure we are meeting the needs of the people we support with person-centred care enabling them to enjoy a fulfilling live in their own home and local community.
You will work closely with our departmental leads to ensure we are working in line with our organisations core values.
Be Kind – Show kindness to others, including care staff and the people we support
Be Proud – Take pride in your work and instil pride in those who you will manage and support in your day-to-day job.
Be the Best you can be – Strive to always do the best of your abilities and support your staffing team to reach their full potential through tailored support and guidance
Be Happy – Enjoy the work you undertake and make the working environment a happy place to be for your staff, ensuring we are providing a happy workforce to give the best to the people we support.
Be Safe – Ensure that your team are supported in the correct and safe manner, providing guidance to maintain a working environment
Be Involved – Work as part of a team, be a team player and show your commitment to your staff and the people we support.
Your role will include:
• Completing initial assessments
• Undertaking reviews
• Carrying out quality checks
• Supporting our Community Care teams through supervisions, appraisals and working based observations
• Out of Office Hours on-call duties
• Provision of care when required
Be Caring Limited are committed to the personal career development of all employees and as such you will be given every opportunity to pursue your career within the social care sector.
If you are successful in appointment of this position you will have the opportunity to complete:
• Paid for 5 days of induction training
• Completion of the Care Certificate across a 12-week period working with our dedicated trainer
• Excellent career pathways, progression within the organisation actively encouraged
• Fully funded opportunities to enrol on the level 2 Health and Social Care qualification once you have completed your six-month probation